University of Bielsko-BialaWillowa 2
Center of International Exchange
phone.: +48 (33) 8279 356
phone./fax: +48 (33) 8279 447
IROs Forum (International Relations Offices Forum) is an initiative undertaken in January 2008 pursuant to a partnership agreement on coopertion and its main objective is development of international cooperation between particular partner universities affiliated in IROs Forum as well as mutual support in this respect.
The goals are reached by, inter alia: promoting the partner universities in Poland and abroad, improving qualifications of the university employees (organization of trainings and conferences), working out joint strtegies for raising funds, inititaing joint projects and taking on new challenges in the process of university internationalization.
Currently, IROs Forum consists of 17 universities:
1. University of Bielsko-Biala
2. The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin
3. Gdansk University of Technology
4. Silesian University of Technology in Gliwice
5. Warszaw School of Economics
6. University of Economics in Katowice
7. Jagiellonian University in Krakow
8. Warsaw University
9. Wroclaw University
The following members joined IROs Forum in the subsequent years:
10. Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun (2008)
11. Adam Mickiewicza University in Poznan (2008)
12. Medical University of Gdansk (2008)
13. Silesian University of Silesia in Katowice (2010)
14. Technical University of Lodz (2010)
15. University of Gdansk (2010)
16. Wroclaw University of Technology(2011)
17. Univeristy of Lodz (2012)
The Forum Council is a decision-making authority which, among other things, determines strategic directions of IROs Forum actions and plans the budget. The members of the Council are delegates of each partner universities - considering the role of IROs Forum, these include directors of international relations offices of particular universities. The work of the Council is managed by a chairperson elected every year. The first chairperson was the initiator of the whole undertaking - Barbara Centkowska, the Project Manager and Director of the International Relations Department "InterRel" of Karol Adamiecki University of Economics in Katowice.
The IROs Forum Head of the Council:
2008 – Barbara Centkowska, animator and creator, Director of the IRO, University of Economics in Katowice
2009 – Hanna Lamers, Head of the IRO, University of Bielsko-Biala
2010 – Aniela Tejchman, Head of the IRO, Gdańsk University of Technology
2011 – Ewa Derkowska-Rybicka, Head of the International Programmes Office, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń
2012 – Ewa Kiszka, Head of the IRO, Medical University of Gdańsk
2013 – Dominika Janik-Hornik, University of Economics in Katowice
Council member of the behalf of the University of Bielsko-Biala:
More information: en.irosforum.pl
This event will take place from January 19th to February 3rd and will consist of a series of webinars. We will start with a general webinar to get you acquainted with the research landscape in France and the basics of doctoral studies, including funding opportunities. 4 thematic webinars will follow, on the following topics: Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Health and Life sciences and Artificial Intelligence applied to Environment.
During these webinars, you will be able to listen to, meet and ask questions to representatives of Doctoral Schools in French universities, Campus France, Alumni and other important French stakeholders. If you want to know more about research in France, are considering enrolling in a PhD Program abroad or simply spending some time abroad for your research project, this event is for you! France is a world leader in scientific research and we will give you all the information you need to experience it!
The programme of our first webinar, "The basics of research and doctoral studies in France", January 19th at 5pm, will include:
• A presentation and tips on doctoral schools, enrollment, research opportunities, funding, etc. by Aude Chanson, head of the Research Unit at Campus France and Melike Riollet, International Affairs Manager at Association Bernard Gregory
• An interview of Veronika Leláková, who recently graduated in the frame of a PhD joint supervision between France and the Czech Republic
• A question and answer session
We strongly advise you to attend this first session before joining any of the thematic webinars.
To attend the webinars, please register by filling this form (at least one day prior to the date the chosen webinars are taking place): https://bit.ly/3b5QB6h
We are looking forward to e-meeting you!
Responsable de Campus France Pologne, antenne à Cracovie et France Alumni Pologne